Category Archives: Author
Posted by danube adele
Current Release! Book #1 of the Dreamwalker Series. Check it out!
TOTALLY RANDOM FACTS
I was tagged with the task of reporting on 14 random things about myself, and thought, “Ah-ha! This could be a fun blog post.” I will share 14 random things about myself, and I extend the challenge for you to share at least one or two about yourself, if not five? We may even have randomness-es in common! Hmmmm.
- I love, love, love when I have a full tank of gas. It makes me want to jump on the hood of my car and shout “Freedom!”
- When I see big, open fields of grass, I just want to do a tumbling pass – reminds me of my youth as a gymnast.
- It drives me nuts to see kids driving and texting at the same time. They’re weaving all over the road trying to drive without hands or eyes. Grrrr. Can I call their moms?
- I’ve always loved trying new things, which is how I got into snowboarding, kickboxing, SCUBA diving and swing dancing.
- When I was in the 6th grade, I had a huge crush on Ricky Shroeder. I actually wrote a letter and mailed it to his fan club. It is the one and only time I ever mailed a fan letter. Never heard back.
- I holler at the squirrels in my plum tree during the summer time – yes, I actually do – and lob the ruined plums they have so carelessly discarded right back at them. It doesn’t help. They keep ruining the plums so we don’t get any, but it makes me feel better. Besides, none of my “lobs” ever make contact. It makes me wonder what kind of an old lady I’m going to make, though.
- When I shower and dry off, my OCD-ness kicks in. I have to follow a particular order of operations or I totally throw myself off and forget to wash my hair or something like that.
- I have coined the phrase “Efficiency of motion”, which is simply more evidence of my OCD-ness. It’s my personal challenge to use only productive motion, no wasted motion, when needing to accomplish something quickly. Before I move, I think through what needs to be accomplished, consider each and every motion, prioritize for maximum efficiency, and go. Scary, right?
- Oftentimes, I have the strongest desire to go room by room and really straighten and clean, but then I get over it and just do my usual cleaning. Maybe one day…
- There are some movies I could watch over and over again (Independence Day, Day After Tomorrow, Jurassic Park) – I’m not proud.
- I had less fear as a child and tried many things that cost my parents aggravation, worry and medical bills – back flip off the end of my bed (just barely pulled it around), handstands on the fireplace (stitches in my forehead), a Chinese split leap over construction materials, glass tiles, and didn’t pull it off so well (sixteen stitches up the side of my leg), an accident on the balance beam (stress fracture to a vertebrae), and many other things that just hurt, period. Whew. And I managed to live through childhood.
- I crave chili cheese fries from Top’s Junior, but I know that if I go buy some, my stomach will burn for the rest of the day.
- I used to pretend I was doing my work in class (high school) but I was usually writing a story in my notebook.
- I love watching really bad reality TV clips on The Soup.
What about you? What are some of your quirks? Leave a comment!
***As a side note, I have no idea why I can’t get my Goodreads App to actually reflect my books. These are not books I have selected. Hmmm. Still trying to solve the problem.